Tuesday, April 14, 2009

UGH!



Ok so some of you already know but for journaling sake here it goes. Last Monday I got this cramping in my lower abdomen and by the afternoon I had added the worst back pain on top of that. It was so painful that every time it would hit I would throw up so finally Todd got home around 7pm and we called our neighbors down the street to come watch the kids while we went to the ER. After a CT scan they diagnosed me with kidney stones, gave me some heavy duty painkillers and a follow up with a surgeon for Thursday. So I was stuck to my bed I couldn't even roll over without severe pain even with the meds, Todd got up every morning did diapers and breakfast and then Kya bless her heart made PBJ everyday for all the kids for lunch. By Wednesday night word had got out in the ward so 2 friends came over one to drive me and one to watch the kids. I get to my appt. still clinging to the barf bowl I've been carrying around all week just to hear him say it's not kidney stones. I have stones but too small to be causing all of this so he sent me back to the ER. I had a complete melt down in his office here my kids and I had suffered all week with the thought that this would all soon be over and now I had to start all over. So now I have an ultrasound and some antibiotics and they send me home saying cyst in both ovaries andn an appt. with a GYN on Monday. Friday Rachel who had watched the kids for the first ER visit came over for the late morning / lunch shift and then 2 sisters from the young womens came for a few hours in the late afternoon. It was awesome to have so much help and the girls fell in love with the " Big Girls", even Kaprice who always wants her Mommy tried to backflip out of my arms to get back to one of them. We also got a special surprise from their Mom when she came to pick them up she brought us the cutest bunny cake. Friday night I was still feeling pretty crappy so we called the Elders Chorum pres. over to help with a blessing and then Sat. I woke up and haven't taken pain meds since. I still feel sore and tired and if I over do it I pay for it but my Aunt flies in tomorrow to help out so that's exciting. Oh and Monday I went to the GYN and she said it wasn't cysts so how about that no one knows but I'm much better now so thanks to everyone for all the help especially Julie and Becca who came and cleaned my house today and " The Big Girls" for helping out again today. WE HAVE THE BEST WARD AND THE BEST FRIENDS EVER!
So I told Julie I was going to be stealing her "Big Girls" this summer and using them a lot. One reason would be when they leave I shortly there after find the girls like this...

Today when the "Big Girls" were putting their shoes on to leave, Mia came running over so sad and said Mommy I miss them.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow! That's nuts! I'm sure it's frustrating not knowing what it was, but still, I hope for your sake it remains a mystery and it never ever comes back! I'm glad you are feeling better, and that cake is darling!