Tuesday, March 3, 2009

And Everything in Between

The last few weeks have been a blur. After Kya's injury I decided to finally take her out on a Mommy Daughter date she had been begging for. We hadn't had one on one that didn't involve errands since 2 wks before Boston was born. She wanted to go to the mall and ride the train and carousel and then go to a restaurant (which is Kya's favorite thing to do). We had a great time we even found some gauchos for $6 at Old Navy so she walked a way with 2 new pairs. We ate at the Macaroni Grill which Kya thought was pretty cool because you could write on the table with crayons. I really enjoyed our special time and can't wait to do it more often.

We were also hit by the PLAGUE! Now mind you I'm glad this was not a barfing diarrhea flu but I did feel like I was going to die none the less and it lasted a whole week. I had a fever for 4 days!! Are you kidding me!! Every bone in my body was aching, my lungs were on fire and then I got the congestion part of it all and couldn't breathe which resulted in an asthma attack at 4am one morning. Luckily the kids did not get it as bad and I'm happy to report that we have conquered this evil in our household.
One day having fun grooming your little sister, the next temp over 100 and watching your siblings play outside. Poor Mia!

And then yesterday we woke up to almost a foot of snow! Mia as usual got all bundled up and as soon as I shut the door cried to come back in, which was fine because Boston has zero snow gear besides a coat. Kya and Boston were outside for hours until Boston fell on his face and his hands were numb so he couldn't get up. Yes that is my son in Pink bibs and boots, whatever don't like it then you can chip in and buy him some bibs and boots!

1 comment:

the splendid life of us... said...

there is nothing wrong with hand-me-downs. It will just be fun to laugh about when they are older. Sorry about the sickies and the bruise, OUCH!