Thursday, August 7, 2008

So Much More

My Mom and sister left Tuesday, I was pretty bummed. Mia thought they were coming back later that night. Kya was not so naive and had a complete break down as soon as they entered the airport. She tried to hide it she covered her face and slumped over her car seat. Then I could hear her start to hyperventilate, shortly after came the water works. Then of course I lost it so we had to pull over at this cute little park just past the airport. I held her for a little bit she calmed down pretty fast and then we swung through "Old McDonalds" and headed back to our sad empty house.

I really enjoyed having them visit though, after the long D.C. trip we cut things out like going to the Waterpark and Storyland but we did go to the beach in York and the girls were so excited they totally forgot the previous plans. It looked so crappy when we got there but then it got hot. Mia and Kya would not stay out of the water and they weren't happy unless the waves were hitting them in the face. Buddy ran around with the wagon the whole time, for a home body he absolutely loves the beach. We also got to celebrate my Mom's bday which was fun. Todd bought her this huge Hula Monkey Balloon because the girls think it can't be your bday if you don't have a balloon. Then she got the famous frozen Heath pie and a massage from my favorite spa. And somehow we managed a quick photo shoot before they took off Tuesday morning. The time goes by so fast, I feel like there were a million things we didn't get to do. I can't wait for them to come back out!

1 comment:

Tiana Johnson said...

I think it's so cute how your girls are always wearing matching clothes. I can never find things that match in a size 4 and a size 6-9 months. Impossible. I'll have to wait until they're older I guess. Sounds like you guys had such a good time with your fam, though Boston may be cursed with your mom! I wish we could see you guys before you move away from there, but you'll move away before we'll be able to have the time off again. Dang! Tilly would DIE to play with your girls!