Wednesday, August 6, 2008

D.C. Baby !

Todd got a call for an interview in D.C. at the beginning of summer and we were lucky enough to have my Mom and littlest sister KaLeah come to watch the kids so that we could take off for a few days together. My Mom totally pulled one over on me and showed up a day early, which was awesome because I was so stressed about leaving Boston. The original plan was to pick her up drop her off and leave for D.C. , with the surprise he was able to warm up a little before we took off. The drive down sucked we hit unbelievable traffic really late Sunday night. Pretty much from CT to VA. I had to pee like a million times, I couldn't even blame the kids for all the stops it was just me and my pregnant bladder. Anyways we were so lucky to have our great friends the Madsens welcome us into their home for our first night in town. As soon as their little boy Landon woke up he was my sidekick. It helped me get over the fact that I had just left my baby boy for the first time. He was so cute I loved it.

Our first day we did just about everything. We walked all of "The Mall", saw the white house, went to the Natural History Museum and the Holocaust Museum. The only thing we didn't get to do that was on our list was go to the Federal Bureau of Engraving which Todd really wanted to do. That night we drove into the cutest Downtown area of Arlington and ate at the Cheesecake Factory. The next day Todd had his interview and when he got back to our hotel we headed back to the Metro station to the Arlington Cemetery. My favorite part was watching the changing of the guard at The Tomb of the Unknown Solider, it was worth almost dying of heat stroke and having contractions like you wouldn't believe. We definitely headed straight for the hotel after that. I was ready to pay any price just to have someone drive me down that hill to the Metro station. A hot bath and a night in helped a ton. Anyways all in all it was a great little trip and we loved the area.

2 comments:

Tiana Johnson said...

How fun! So how did the interview go? Have you heard yet? Would you be moving to DC if it went well?

Michelle said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! Isn't it awesome?!?! Looks like you did a ton in 2 days!