Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The War is OVER!!

The Battle of the car seats has ended in the Pratt household! In the beginning Kya had a gray car seat, then we found a pink one on sale and bought it since we would eventually need two. So Kya adopted the pink one of course and the gray one was put aside. A few monthes ago Mia graduated to the gray seat and at first was elated to have a booster at all. Well the newness soon wore off and it became a knock down drag out fight everyday in the van. So yesterday I took the girls to Joanne's to pick out fabric... big surprise Mia went with Dora, Kya however went away from all the princesses to Tinkerbell. Anyways to shorten things up tonight I finished the car seats, Halleuah! No more car seat wars!!

Before: and no that's not a nasty stain Mia drenched it with the spray bottle I was using to iron the fabric.


The new and improved

12 comments:

Melanie said...

What a great idea! They turned out cute!

Jordan and Danny said...

They look so good! You are so impressive!

Jan said...

Super Cute! You can do mine next time! Ha Ha!

Gaerte Family said...

Wow! you made those? I will need to know how in about a year.
They look great.

Rina said...

Those look GREAT! Awesome idea. I'll have to keep that one in mind for when Bowen is tired of his black and grey carseat and needs an "upgrade".

Michelle said...

I know I told you earlier...but way cute! You're so crafty!

Emily said...

Oh my gosh I am totally impressed! They look awesome! You're the best mom ever.

hillary said...

You're good. They look like you bought them that way. NICE!!

Madsen Family said...

Impressive - they turned out so cute. What a talented mom you are!

The Allen Family said...

Very nice! I don't think I would have thought to do that to the car seats, those turned our really cute. Luckily we haven't run into that war yet, we did have the fight about what seat to put the car seats in though!

jamie lynette said...

Those look great! Did you have a pattern or did you just cover them and sew? Either way I'm very impressed. Hopefully they'll change again before Boston has to use them, right? :)

the splendid life of us... said...

You are very talented! You did an awesome job! You are an amazing mother, I am so glad I have you to look up to!