Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!



The 4th was so much fun! We started out at the church. We packed sandwiches, snacks, drinks, and all our new stuff we bought and the Christmas tree shop that day like the kids chairs, and 4th of July wands. Todd started off in the church playing basketball, then Kya biffed it on the pavement which required band-aids, and Boston flipped out of his chair onto the sidewalk and totally scraped around his nose which would not stop bleeding (luckily I had a red shirt on), and Mia had to pee, so after peeing I went to get Todd so I could get a break and surprisingly he had been looking for us. Turns out he landed a nice elbow on Laura's face and decided to take a bball break. I told him it was good timing because I've already bloodied 2 kids. Then the Relief Society President whipped out Snaps and the girls went nuts. Next came the Sparklers and I was shocked that the girls did some. After some Popsicles from Pres. Anderson it was time to kick back and watch the show. I couldn't believe how close we were to the fireworks. They were going off right on top of us, and they were so loud you could feel them in your chest. Once again I was amazed by our kids, they loved them! Mia went off dancing in the dark trying to get closer, Boston would squeal and cheer for more, Kya had her fingers in her ears but still loved it... turns out it was probably a good idea because my ears were killing me when we got home. We continued the party the next night at our friends the Weeche's. Turns out her husband is a pyro which is right up our alley, plus they have a trampoline which is a huge plus if you ask the girls. I brought my camera but got caught up in the fun so there's no pics from that night. He put on quite the show it was so cool to actually be able to light off fireworks that leave the ground unlike the ban on at home fireworks in Southern Oregon. Nh is the place to be for the 4th and 5th that's for sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun, I love the fourth of July.