Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Juju and Papa come to Virginia






Right after Todd got back from taking the bar my parents flew in. This is the first time my Dad has come to see us so I was REALLY excited! The first thing we did was head out to Home Depot so the kids could do a workshop with Papa. We were planning on heading down to Six Flags but then my Dad was acting weird and we thought he might of had a baby heart attack so we kept it local instead. So we went to the Watermine a local little water park it was a blast. Kaprice would not get out of the water and we were there for like 7 hours. Kya went down their biggest slide I was so proud of her and Mia was a little water dog. Boston had fun too but insisted he go down on his belly on all the slides. The next day we went to the Zoo another fun day at the Zoo and it was pretty dang hot. We also went to the mall so Papa could ride the train with the kiddos and we got to see the chick-fil-a cow so the kids thought that was cool, and after a near death experience on the escalator with Mia, we had lunch and went home but not before piercing Reece's Ears. I know 3yrs old was my rule but everyone kept telling me how much she looked like Boston and I couldn't handle it anymore, not to mention my kids are tougher when they are younger it's the older they get the bigger wieners they become. So anyways she looks stinkin cute and I wish I would have done the other girls earlier too.

So I had my Mom smuggle some freezer jam across the country because her raspberry is my favorite. And after 4 days my Dad had eaten at least half the container I flipped out so my Mom sent Todd and I out to get raspberries and we brought back 3 times what we needed... Yeah for us we'll have jam forever! The kids had fun helping Juju make the jam and squishing the berries. After all the crazy running around we even managed to squeeze in a little Grandparent Photoshoot.

No comments: