Saturday, June 14, 2008

Puppy Drama


Well at about 10pm last night Sassy lost a puppy. I went to check on her and the sack had popped and he was still half way in and not the better half. I helped her get him out and it was so heart breaking to watch her clean him and try to nudge him back to life. About 3 hours later Sassy started to push the 2nd puppy out. After 2 hours and only a head she was exhausted and after trying to assist the baby out I decided to take her to the ER. Kya being such an intuitive child had wondered downstairs at 3:30am and got caught in the action so she went to the ER with me. The Dr. lubed Sassy up and tried with no success to pull the baby out and push it back in. They did an Xray and saw she had 4 more to still get out... our only choice was a C-section. Sassy did a great job and had 5 healthy beautiful pups, that's right they even saved the booger that was stuck with her arms back at her sides. They are all home and doing well. Sassy's been great and even allowed the family to maul the pups.

Our Little Boy that didn't make it

Mama saying her goodbyes
Sassy and her babies... 2 boys( the brown ones) and 3 girls

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, that is so sad about the first one! I hope she's ok. I know all about those emergency C-sections! No fun.

The puppies are darling!

Rina said...

Sad to hear about her rough delivery. My mom is breeding shih tzus and I know there is a lot that goes into delivering a litter. I hope Sassy recovers quickly and is a good mommy! Have fun with the babies!

Anonymous said...

Puppy's are so much fun. Nicole dogs had some puppies and we lost one too. It was very sad.