Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Kya!








I can't believe my Baby's 4! And I'm pretty sure 4 is the new 14 cuz she's been flickin attitude all week. Although Mimi left on Wednesday which was the day after her bday so we're still adjusting and trying to get back on schedule. This year Kya had her first party with just her school friends. She has had a Barbie Island Princess dress hanging in our closet since after Xmas when we got it on clearance and told her that it would be for her bday, so she was very excited to run into our room and put it on. She'd been popping in every now and then just to make sure it's still there. I told her she had to wait until after breakfast so she laid it on the bed and spent 5 min running her hands over it straightening every last section it was so over the top funny.
Her party was so cute we had everyone come dress up for a Princess Luncheon. We did it on Monday a day before her bday so we could have 2 sisters from the afternoon class come. We had mini bagel sandwiches, cookies, princess fruit snacks and everyone got an ice cream cone cup to take home. After lunch we made necklaces and bracelets and the girls had a balloon war while we cleaned up for Barbie Cake. I bought the cake for stresses sake but I wish I would have made it because I was not impressed but what ever Kya like it after she made me fix the Barbie's ugly ratty hair. Anyways the girls were so well behaved and quiet it was nice and she made a haul from the gifts.

On Tuesday June 3rd her real bday Kya seemed to have gone from 4 to 14. She quickly informed me that she was too old for Mickey Mouse pancakes and would only be eating the K shaped one I made. Mimi took her jammie shopping for her bday and it was Hannah Montana this and Hannah Montana that she's never even seen the show. To top it off we got her a Barbie scooter which has a little pic of Barbie's head on it and Mia said " Hey it's Hannah Montana" and Kya got all excited and said" You bought me a Hannah Montana scooter!" I'm glad to say she at least wasn't disappointed when she found out it was Barbie.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

She is so funny! Girls are so much fun but it truly is a little frightening all the sass that can come from their tiny selves! Happy Birthday, Kya!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Kya! Sorry we didn't call. Looks like she had a fun filled day! Lexi's been "writing" letters for Kya, Mia, and Boston...i will try to mail them within the next few days :-)

the splendid life of us... said...

It looks like you made her day extra special! You are such a great mom!

Tiana Johnson said...

Happy belated birthday to Kya! We didn't forget her, we just got really busy and forgot to write. At least the barbie cake looked better than the one I made! I wish our kids could play together! (Although Tilly can be pretty bossy being the big sister and all.)